Over the years, TV shows have captured our hearts, made us laugh, made us cry, and sometimes made us feel things we never even thought possible. And the quickest way to find yourself back in those feels? All it takes is the opening note to your favorite theme song.
Of course, there are tons of memorable TV theme songs to choose from—no one can forget the words to The Addams Family theme, the iconic 90s "na na nas" of the Clarissa Explains It All intro, or the opening tune to The Office, and that's just to name a few. These songs are ones you can sing along to that will take you through the decades (from the 1970s to the 2000s). Some are pure nostalgia, while others are simply great songs...
- Happy Days: "Happy Days" — Pratt & McClain
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show: "Love is All Around" — Sonny Curtis
- M*A*S*H: "Suicide is Painless" - Johnny Mandel
- Laverne & Shirley: "Making Our Dreams Come True" — Cyndi Grecco
- Diff'rent Strokes: "It Takes Diff'rent Strokes" — Al Burton, Alan Thicke & Gloria Loring
- The Jeffersons: "Movin' on Up" — Ja'net Dubois
- The Facts of Life: "The Facts of Life Theme" — Gloria Loring
- Cheers: "Cheers Theme Song" — Bigwig
- Golden Girls: "Thank You For Being A Friend" — Cynthia Fee
- Friends: "I'll Be There For You" — The Remembrandts
- Step by Step: "Second Time Around" — Jesse Frederick and Teresa James
- Family Matters: "As Days Go By" — Jesse Frederick
- Full House: "Everywhere You Look" — Jesse Frederick
- The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" — DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- The Adventures of Pete & Pete: "Hey Sandy" — Polaris
- Malcolm in the Middle: "Boss of Me" — They Might Be Giants
- The Sopranos: "Woke Up This Morning" — Alabama 3
- Rescue Me: "C'mon, C'mon" —The Von Bondies
- The O.C.: "California" — Phantom Planet
- Veronica Mars: "We Used to Be Friends" — The Dandy Warhols
- So Little Time: "So Little Time" — Arkana
- Lizzie McGuire: "We'll Figure It Out" — Angie Jaree
- Dawson's Creek: "I Don't Want to Wait" — Paula Cole
- That 70s Show: "In The Street" — Todd Griffin
- Gilmore Girls: "Where You Lead" — Carole King
- Scrubs: "Superman" — Lazlo Bane
- Community: "At Least It Was Here" — The 88
- Weeds: "Little Boxes" — Malvina Reynolds
We already turned these songs into a playlist for you (Note: not every song was available on Spotify, but those that aren't are linked above!). You can tune into the nostalgia right now, or open the playlist in Spotify and hit "follow" to save it for later.
Did we miss any of your favorites? Add them in the comments!