- Seattle, WA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We love our art, our location, our weird taste, our furniture that we built for the space, and the way we've made it our own. Our bedroom is very separated from the rest of the apartment, which actually makes it feel bigger- it's hard to hear each other when we're in different rooms.
We made a big closet into a cozy lounge that guests sleep in when they visit, and get creative with our nooks and space while trying not to over-fill the main areas.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Figure out the main pieces you need and build around those. We wanted a big table for entertaining, which doubles as our working space. We also wanted a cozy sofa. After that, everything else is something we love like our art and books, or something functional.
2. Just go with what you like. We like bolder colors than we see in blogs, and we have very varied taste in art. Right now, we're arranged our things by room with a color code. It won't last, but we have fun. It makes our home delightful for us, and unique to our guests.
3. Honestly, we don't have very much furniture and we move it constantly. If something isn't working, we try something else. We're not afraid of change, I guess!