Name: Jessica Davis and family
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Size: 4200 square feet
Years lived in: 2 years
Full of fresh white walls, warm materials and bold splashes of color and pattern, it's not surprising that the home of Jessica Davis, principal Interior Designer at JL Design Nashville, is lovely to look at. But it's the way she has incorporated smart design choices—and fun—that has made this home so warm, welcoming and family friendly.
It was imperative for me to create a space that we could all enjoy. My boys are very young and I want them to feel like they are welcome to play throughout our home. I needed to mix and balance mature textures like the leather and seagrass and layer those with the more playful patterns and textures found in the hop scotch rug and bright pillows.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Vintage Modern
Inspiration: I gather most inspiration from experience, living and working in a space. Much of my aesthetic inspiration comes from boutique hotel design.
Favorite Element: I love pieces with a story. The guitar, tricycle, vanity, rocking chair are all vintage. I love to imagine the people who used those pieces before us.
Biggest Challenge: Created spaces that appeal to children as they grow.
What Friends Say: The space is happy, fun and interesting.
Biggest Embarrassment: Lack of complete window treatments throughout.
Proudest DIY: Painting kitchen appliances
Biggest Indulgence: Lighting
Best Advice: Have fun when designing a space, make it about you and your family, don't get too hung up on the latest trends.
Dream Sources: West Elm, CB2, thrift stores, Craigslist, Joss and Main, Sprintz Furniture
PAINT & COLORS
- Sherwin Williams "Ice Cube" and "Extra White"
- Coat rack/storage: West Elm
- Rug: '70s vintage from Ebay
- Light: CB2
- Table: Restoration Hardware
- Chairs: Dam Italia
- Rug: Joss and Main
- Secretary: Craigslist
- Lights: CB2
- Rug: Gilt
- Bed: Horchow
- Art: Salvador Dali water colors (above fireplace)
- Vanity: Antique family heirloom from 1920s
- Rocker: Vintage family heirloom from 1970s (grandmother's)
- Persian rug from the 1800s: Antique shop in Savannah, Georgia
- Nightstands: Restoration Hardware
- Bench: Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
- Faucets: Rohl
- Leather sofa: Custom Restoration Hardware
- Blue Chair: Goodwill with DIY upholstery and paint
- Rug: Myers Flooring
- White table: Craigslist DIY paint
- Pop art: '70s Ebay
- Holsteboro light: Gilt
Send us your own:
→ Share your home with Apartment Therapy: House Tour Submission Form
→ Are you a designer/architect/decorator? Share your residential project: Professional Submission Form.
→ And see all of our past house tours here
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!